By Clay Shaw
GETTYSBURG, PA, JUNE 19, 2021—Ryan Blood of Carlisle, often a winner in many Harrisburg Area races, zipped through the Gettysburg Battlefield course in 14:57. The course, which went from the Gettysburg YWCA on US 30, and by the Peace Light, may need a new home for 2022 due to a new mandate not allowing races of the Gettysburg Park Battlefield.
Chris McCabe of Mechanicsburg was second in 16:00. Luke Milhimes of Gettysburg was third in 16:38.
Brian Roseberg of Mechanicsburg was top master and sixth overall in 17:20. Fellow master Mark Clowney of New Oxford was second master and seventh overall in 17:40.
Maura Knestolt of Sykesville, MD was the top in the women’s division in 18:26. Maura ran in the 2020 Atlanta Olympic Trials (as Maura Linde). Maura is the Assistant Coach of XC and Track at Johns Hopkins University. Former champ Sherry Stick of Eldersburg, MD was second overall and top master in 19:36. Arynne Moody of Gardners, PA was third in 20:40. Gettysburg sisters Kelty Oaster and Winter Oaster took fourth and fifth in 20:49 and 21:07. 455 runners finished in 2021, up from 447 in 2019 (when the race was last held).
Here’s hoping for an alternate course in 2022 to continue the great racing tradition.
- 14:57 Ryan Blood, 35, Carlisle
- 15:58 Chris McCabe, 31, Mechanicsburg
- 16:38 Luke Millhimes, 20, Gettysburg
- 17:02 Drew Cole, 17, Gettysburg
- 17:08 Sam Douds, 19, Gettysburg
- 17:20 Brian Rosenberg, 43, Mechanicsburg
- 17:40 Mark Clowney, 44, New Oxford
- 18:26 Maura Knestout, 28, Sykesville. MD
- 19:36 Sherry Stick, 43, Eldersburg, MD
- 20:40 Arynne Moody, 35, Gardners
- 20:49 Kelty Oaster, 19, Gettysburg
- 21:07 Winter Oaster, 15, Gettysburg
- 21:37 Emily Spangler, 23, Gettysburg
- 21:44 Robin Alexander, 31, Camp Hill
Categories: Race Coverage