By Clay Shaw
BETHLEHEM, PA, DECEMBER 14, 2019—Joe Sherran, 62, of Club Northwest easily won the Masters 60-and-up men’s 60-plus at the USATF XC Championships in 28:42.
Days of rainy weather led to a muddy and slippery 8K course at Lehigh University. Several men went down, slipping on a muddy turn where I was photographing. By the time the Masters women ran in the next race, wood chips were down on the slippery corner, making it marginally safer.
Mark Reeder of Greater Lowell RR was second in 29:34. Daniel King of Athletics Boulder was third in 29:44. Terry McCluskey, 71, of the Ann Arbor TC led the 70s in 34:13, with Gene Dykes of the Greater Philadelphia TC taking second in 34:48. 247 athletes completed the event. The Greater Lowell Road Runners led by Mark Reeder, John Barbour, Charlie Muse, David Westenberg, and Peter Lagoy took the top team title. Run N Fun was second and Greater Philadelphia TC was third.
- 28:42 Joe Sherran Club Northwest
- 29:34 Mark Reeder Greater Lowell Road Runners
- 29:44 Daniel King Athletics Boulder
- 29:49 Daniel Johnson Run N Fun
- 30:17 Charles Shields Greater Philadelphia TC
- 30:19 Douglas Blatt Hartford Track Club
- 30:22 Doug Keller Run N Fun
- 30:35 Timothy Conheady Greater Philadelphia TC
- 30:38 Ken Youngers Atlanta Track Club
- 30:43 John Barbour Greater Lowell Road Runners
- 30:54 Charlie Muse Greater Lowell Road Runners
- 31:07 Anthony Uzwiak Kansas City Smoke
- 31:15 Antonio Arreola HOKA Aggie Running Club
- 31:16 Gary Lehman Garden State Track Club
- 31:27 Jeffery Dundas Atlanta Track Club
Categories: Race Coverage